Who am I?
• I am a real estate broker licensed in Oregon
• Broker with Oregon Realty Company
• Top producing short sale agent
• I am not an attorney or accountant and this video is not legal, tax or financial advice.
• That said, these are forms common to the short sale process and you will see them if you are involved in short sale real estate with wells fargo.
Short Sale Affidavit Tips:
• Ensure you have the current form version and call in to 866-903-1053.
• Don’t wait for the bank to ask for the form.
• Use the last date on the sales contract.
• Fill in all details buyer & seller address.
• Put the following language on an addendum: “This contract shall not be assignable under any circumstances”.
• NO CROSSING THINGS OUT. Reprint and start over if you make a mistake.
• No “fudging” letters or words, writing over a typo in heavy pen can result in documents being rejected. Just start over if you make a mistake.
• Use name(s) exactly as they appear on loan documents.*
*Buyer agents, don’t fill in seller names from MLS or tax records as these may be slightly different than bank records.
• Get the best possible document scans. Remember, other people will have to print & sign after you.
• No digital signatures, we Realtors love DocuSign but bank underwriters don’t universally accept it.
• Thanks for reading/watching and as always; if you need help with real estate in the Portland area call our team at 503-473-8001 or visit our website ExclusivePortlandRealEstate.com.
• Subscribe to our Youtube Channel and ask for other how-to videos you’d like to see in the comments.
By Richard Lockwood
Real Estate Broker
Licensed in the State of Oregon